Axis2 on Weblogic 9.2 and 10

Axis2 is great! Open source and easy to use. The canned samples work easily in Tomcat, hey they are from the same family, aren’t they!
When I used the same thing to Weblogic (Oracle now) 10.3. I got problems when ruuning Client to the WS (Axis2UserGuide Example). It gave me  NULL Pointers when client tried to parse the response from WS. I googled a lot and found very vague answers.

Then I went back to Apache site and read carefully, walla, it is right there at this link

Basically, I had to make an ear instead of war file. And put weblogic-application.xml like this in the Meta-inf folder.

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>
<weblogic-application xmlns=”″&gt;

Also, add Weblogic.xml in the WEB-INF folder the following:

<?xml version=”1.0″?>

<weblogic-web-app xmlns=”; xmlns:xsi=””&gt;


</weblogic-web-app> ran great after these additions/mods. All these changes basically ensures weblogic’s classes don’t contaminate classes from Axis2.

so the moral of this story is – After all failed, read the manual. (sorry for the cliche)



Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s